Monday, March 17, 2008

MISis Adventure #2: Arroz a la Cubana


I cooked dinner last Saturday and tried the "Arroz a la Cubana" recipe I read from Market Manila. Hey, my cooking skills are getting better.

Arroz a la Cubana

Ingredients:
finely chopped onion
finely chopped garlic
chopped tomatoes or tomato paste (I used tomato paste since we ran out of stock of tomatoes.)
ground beef or pork (I used ground pork since I still have half a kilo stored in the freezer.)
several tablespoons of Kikkoman (about 6-7 I think)
½ or 1/3 amount of Worcestershire sauce (about 5 I think)
ground pepper
salt to taste
raisins
green peas

Directions:
Heat up a pan and add some vegetable oil.
Add finely chopped onion and garlic and saute for a minute or two.
Add some chopped tomatoes or a bit of tomato paste.
Next add some ground lean beef and pork and cook until the liquid evaporates.
Add several tablespoons of Kikkoman and 1/2 or 1/3 the amount of Worcestershire sauce.
Some salt to taste if necessary and ground black pepper.
Add raisins and green peas.
Serve with white rice, fried saba bananas and fried eggs.

Hahaha! We don't have saba and instead of fried eggs, I used boiled eggs.

My hubby liked it and gives me a 4.5. I'll give myself a 4. So it will definitely be a part of our regular menu. 'Til my next MISis adventure!

Rating:
5
- exceptionally good!
4 - must try
3 - A-okay
2 - bland
1 - yikes! Never try this at home!

1 comment:

  1. This looks good... I think I want to try this too :)

    btw, I responded to your Longest line tag and linked up your site.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete