Wednesday, April 30, 2008

MISis Adventure #3: Sweet & Sour Fish


Last Saturday (April 26), I asked my dad for his sweet and sour recipe so I could cook the "Maya Maya (fish)" that my mom bought for us. It's really pretty simple and oh so yummy! According to hubby, this is the best dish I have cooked so far aside from the spaghetti I have mastered.

Ingredients:
Maya maya
onion
garlic
ginger
red bell pepper
carrots
vinegar
sugar
soy sauce
pepper
cornstarch (dissolved in water)
ketchup (optional)

Directions:

Fry the fish until golden brown. I loved my fish toasted! Set aside.

Mix equal portion of vinegar and sugar (ex: 10 tbsp of vinegar = 10 tbsp of sugar) depending on how much sauce you wanted, dash of pepper and some soy sauce and mix.

In a separate pan, saute onion (I saute onions first!), garlic, ginger, red bell pepper and carrots (in that order) until the carrots are cooked. Pour in your sauce and wait for it to boil before mixing. Pour the cornstarch to thicken the sauce. Add the fish. Voila! It's so so yummy... promise! Oh my dad said you can add the ketchup if you want it a bit red.

Hubby and even yaya said it's definitely a 5!

Rating:
5
- exceptionally good!
4 - must try
3 - A-okay
2 - bland
1 - yikes! Never try this at home!

1 comment:

  1. sis... i'll grab your recipe ha! i've been trying to search the whole afternoon for a new recipe to cook and i find your sweet & sour looking yummy... i'll post it as well on my blog para hindi ko malimutan.
    thanks! mwah...

    ReplyDelete