Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Summer Fun at the Queen City of the South (10 May 2009) - Day 3

My mom, mom-in-law (MIL) and myself spent Mother's Day in Cebu hihihi! And since it is also our last day and we were taking the 5:20PM flight later that day, I requested for a late check-out and luckily, we were given until 3PM. With no itinerary set for the day, we just maximized our stay in the hotel. My brother-in-law (BIL) and his gf ate breakfast really early to be able to swim the whole morning.

Me & hubby, on the other hand, went to the beach after our breakfast for a stroll. It was high tide (you see, it was low tide during afternoons which is quite the opposite when we went to Mactan, Cebu last December 2006 that it was low tide during mornings...) so we decided to bring Enzo to the beach so he could play since the water is clear (unlike in Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort where we stayed during our honeymoon where there are jellyfish and starfish though I'm not sure now...that was about 2 years ago!). In fairness, the breakfast buffet in Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort is something we look forward to. And we did enjoy our stay there as well except for the beach part.

I totally "heart" this shot. Also because I took it hihihi! You might wonder why hubby only has a few pictures because he prefers his shots and he really doesn't think I take good shots. But this proves him otherwise harharhar! What do you think?

We ordered from Greenwich for lunch and it took them almost 2 hours to deliver the food... no kidding! We finally left the hotel at past 3PM.

And here goes the grueling story of our flight to Manila...

When we checked-in at the counter, we were already advised that our flight was delayed and moved from 5:20PM to 7:35PM. It was because they had to change aircraft. We were also given meal coupons for the delay. Your choice are: Dunkin Donuts, Fruit Magic and another food stall I totally forgot! By almost 7PM, we realized that we have not seen any aircraft yet that landed hmmm! No announcements of a further delay was given but when I approached the desk, the guy advised me that the aircraft has not even left Manila yet. What?! Finally, by 7PM past, the guy made an announcement that the aircraft will only leave Manila at 8:15PM and we will board at about 8:50PM geez! So, yup! We got back to Manila at about 10PM already. Lesson learned: better re-confirm your flights! Which I normally do when I travel abroad, I was just complacent this time since it was, after all, just a domestic flight.

Except for this particular boo-boo, it was truly a fun, fun break from the hustle and bustle of the city! Now, I wonder what our next stop will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment