Monday, October 17, 2011

The Red Velvet Quest


I got intrigue with this cake after reading this post and this post by Mommy Fleur. The red color is truly enticing plus the cream cheese frosting is quite different from your usual frosting so I wanted to give it a try.

My boss in my new company always order the Red Velvet cake in Segafredo. I must try that too when I get back to the office!

So when I saw this post at Dessert Comes First and hubby told me his folks are visiting us, it was an opportunity to grab this treat.

Cucay's Red Velvet Cake (Php660) for a small round cake (7") is a bit pricey but it was worth the price and the travel too. The small cake is packed, moist and the cream cheese frosting is evident. Unlike the Red Velvet Cupcake by Frostings which I tried earlier that seems to have an ordinary "just plain sweet" frosting. Though the cream cheese frosting is a bit too sweet but I love it that way. I shared a portion to my parents and another portion to my BIL. The rest have been wiped out in 2 days. I could easily wipe it out in 1 sitting but I have to restrain myself hahaha!

I have also tried the Red Velvet Cake by Cheesecake Melliza. My friend was the one who took a picture... sayang I could have posted it here. But Cukay's so far is the best among this three I've tasted.

Watch out as I try to explore the other versions available in the market - it is truly that addicting! Kainis I'm watching pa naman my sugar hayz!

No comments:

Post a Comment