Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MISis Adventure # 5: Chicken a la King

Since last Monday (June 09) is a holiday, I was in a mood to cook another new dish for hubby - "Chicken a la King". The recipe was from my officemate's friend. Geez.... we forgot to take a picture of the finished product but I assure you even my mom was impressed teehee!

Ingredients:
oil
Anchor salted butter
onion
garlic
sugar
chicken fillet, cut into cubes (breast or thigh)
1 cup of water
1 small can of milk evap
potatoes
carrots
young corn
mushroom
Nestle cream
salt to taste
dash of pepper

Directions:
Melt the butter in the oil.
Saute the onions, garlic and add sugar. Add the chicken fillet.
When it's almost done, add a cup of water and milk evap.
Add the potatoes and carrots. Add the young corn and mushroom once the potatoes are almost done.
Pour the Nestle cream. My officemate's friend said you can use the whole Nestle cream pack (smallest pack) but I only put a few spoonfuls.
Add salt to taste and a dash of pepper.

Hubby prefers the Baby Back Ribs and Mushrooms a la Teriyaki I did last Saturday since he is more into that kind of dish but still, this one is particularly yummy! My mom said so as well.

So I'm giving it a 4.5 too!

Rating:
5 - exceptionally good!
4 - must try
3 - A-okay
2 - bland
1 - yikes! Never try this at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment